KCCC has added the following procedures to ensure the safety of our staff, family, and children:
- One adult per family at drop off/pick up.
- One family in our main entry at a time for Beginning Learners Daycare/PreK Care/PreK AM families.
- Preschool T/W/Th & PreK PM families will drop off their children at the door up the stairs outside.
- Staff will sign in/out children upon entrance and prior to exiting.
- All staff and students will be required to wash their hands first before starting their day at KCCC.
The health and well-being of our families and staff are our highest priorities. In the interest of limiting the opportunity for transmission, we are taking extra precautionary measures. We ask that any staff member or family attending KCCC, please be courteous and respectful of this policy to help keep our KCCC family healthy and safe. Please read the policy statements below as well as the FAQ’s that follow.
Health and Wellness Policy
This policy applies to staff and children
- Should your child have any of the following symptoms, we ask for them to remain out that day and notify the center. Please call the center to explain why you will be absent.
- Fever of 99F or higher, now or in the preceding 24 hours without fever reducing medicine
- Excessive Cough
- Sore Throat
- Covid-19 Symptoms
- Lethargy/Lack of energy/Sleepless night
- Exclusion from the center is sometimes necessary to reduce the transmission of illness. IF your child develops any of the above symptoms while at the center, a staff member will use the child’s “Emergency Contact” sheet to call authorized contacts to come pick up a child. For the child’s comfort, and to reduce the risk of contagion, we ask that children be picked up within 1.0 hour of notification. Until then, your child will be kept comfortable, separated, safely isolated, and will continue to be observed for symptoms.
Health and Hygiene Practices
Our regular health and hygiene practices provide some of the best defenses against the spread of most contagious illnesses. In addition to regular and thorough cleaning of classrooms, surfaces, and toys, we teach children good hand-washing practices and ensure that children and staff take important precautions against the spread of germs.
You can work with your children to practice some of these same steps at home:
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Sneeze or cough into your elbow; or cover mouth and nose with a tissue before sneezing or coughing, then immediately discard the tissue.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid kissing, hugging, and sharing cups or eating utensils with people who are ill.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces, especially if someone is sick.
Looking for more resources for COVID Child Care Center Guidelines?
- For DCFS Rules for Child Care Centers, click HERE!
- For CDC Guidance for Child Care Centers, click HERE!
- For IDPH Guidelines for Child Care Centers, click HERE!