KCCC has added the following procedures to ensure the safety of our staff, family, and children:
- One adult per family at drop off/pick up
- One family in our main entry at a time
- Only staff, students, and necessary maintenance people will be allowed entry into KCCC
- Tours will only be given after hours
- All adults, children over the age of two, and staff entering KCCC will be required to wear masks
- Masks should be worn by all adults and children while in the facility when not able to socially distance from others
- All adults and children will go through a quick health check and have their temperatures taken and recorded prior to entry
- All staff and students will be required to wash their hands first before starting their day at KCCC
- Students will not be mixed with other classes.
- For example: we would join classes for music but now we will keep all classes separated
- Only one classroom may be on any playground or in the gym at a time
- We will close at 5pm through Phase 4 for nightly cleaning and sanitizing of all classrooms
- Masks for children will be required when we go to the Kaneville Public Library
The health and well-being of our families and staff are our highest priorities. In the interest of limiting the opportunity for transmission, we are taking extra precautionary measures. We ask that any staff member or family attending KCCC, please be courteous and respectful of this policy to help keep our KCCC family healthy and safe. Please read the policy statements below as well as the FAQ’s that follow.
Health Check and Illness Policy – COVID 19
This policy applies to staff, children, and their household members. ALL STAFF, FAMILIES, CHILDREN AND THEIR HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS MUST CONDUCT A DAILY HEALTH CHECK BEFORE COMING TO THE CENTER.
- Should you or any household member have any of the following symptoms, we ask you to remain out that day and notify the center. Please call the center to explain why you will be absent.
- Fever of 100.4 F or higher, now or in the preceding 72 hours (or would have, but have used fever reducing medicine)
- Excessive Cough
- Sore Throat
- Muscle Aches
- Difficulty Breathing
- New Loss of Taste or Smell
- Consistent with our COVID-19 Policy, the household will be required to remain out of the center for 14 days unless medical clearance is provided by a physician indicating that the presenting symptoms are associated with a known non-COVID-19 illness. The physician’s note may not be from a family member.
- Exclusion from the center is sometimes necessary to reduce the transmission of illness. IF your child develops any of the above symptoms while at the center, a staff member will use the child’s “Emergency Contact” sheet to plan to be picked up from the center. For the child’s comfort, and to reduce the risk of contagion, we ask that children be picked up within 1.0 hour of notification. Until then, your child will be kept comfortable, separated, safely isolated, and will continue to be observed for symptoms.
Health and Hygiene Practices
Our regular health and hygiene practices provide some of the best defenses against the spread of most contagious illnesses. In addition to regular and thorough cleaning of classrooms, surfaces, and toys, we teach children good hand-washing practices and ensure that children and staff take important precautions against the spread of germs.
You can work with your children to practice some of these same steps at home:
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Sneeze or cough into your elbow; or cover mouth and nose with a tissue before sneezing or coughing, then immediately discard the tissue.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid kissing, hugging, and sharing cups or eating utensils with people who are ill.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces, especially if someone is sick.
Looking for more resources for COVID Child Care Center Guidelines?
- For DCFS Rules for Child Care Centers, click HERE!
- For CDC Guidance for Child Care Centers, click HERE!
- For IDPH Guidelines for Child Care Centers, click HERE!