We are so excited to offer Kindergarten- AGAIN!
It’s going to be a wonderful year for your child!
🍎 Here are the basics:
- Must be five years old by September 1
- First day of school – TBD
- Kindergarten will follow the Kaneland school calendar
- 2020-2021 Days/Time: Monday through Friday 9:00 am-11:45 am
- 2021-2022 Days/Time: Monday through Friday 12:15 pm -3:00 pm
- Max class size of 14 students
- Last day of school – TBD (pending emergency/snow days needed)
- Extended care after kindergarten is available
- 📖 Reading/Language Arts: A balanced literacy program will be used to teach the reading and language skills.
- Focus on alphabet letter recognition and formation, phonics and decoding skills, phonemic awareness, concepts of print, and emerging reading/writing skills.
- The goal is to develop and encourage fluent readers, articulate writers and speakers, and good listeners and viewers.
- Small group instruction with the teacher will be on phonics (letter/sounds) and word study.
- The children will learn to collaborate, play fairly, take turns, share materials, solve problems, and develop some responsibility for their own learning.
- In language arts the focus will be to introduce students to good writing and help them develop an understanding of multiple uses of writing.
- 🧮 Mathematics: Our math program will utilize useful, meaningful, productive, and enjoyable activities that help children become independent and comfortable thinkers about mathematical ideas.
- You will see your child become excited by a wealth of mathematics activities, including counting, numeration, addition and subtraction, graphing, measurement, geometry, patterns, and data collecting.
- By using real materials like Unifix cubes, pattern blocks, coins, counting manipulatives, graphs and balance scales, your student will be able to illustrate and visualize a concept in a concrete way.
- 🍎 Special Subjects & Experiences include:
- 🎵 Music Class
- 🎄 Christmas Program
- 🐰 Spring Sing! (usually mid May)
- 📚 Library
- 🎨 Art
- 💻 Technology
- 🔬 Science
- 💪 Fitness & 🩺 Health
- 🎵 Music Class