Kaneville Community Child Center (KCCC) is a “hidden gem” 💎 located in the heart of Kaneville. KCCC is the best day care! Our teachers and staff are committed to every child’s learning experience. Your child will be cared for and loved like family. At KCCC, community and family values are a top priority.
We have been in operation since 1986. 😃 We have former preschool students returning to KCCC with their own children! Ms. Michelle calls them her “grand-students”.
Some of the charm of being established in Kaneville are our close connections and partnerships with local businesses which help our students develop a strong sense of community and teaches them to value their place in it.
Local businesses look forward to our visits on holidays and during “Community Helpers Week” in the fall.
We instill the value of helping others by supporting organizations such as Operation Christmas Child through Kaneland United Methodist Church and Holiday Spirit through Conley Outreach.
KCCC provides a play-based curriculum.
- Play-based activities challenge children’s thinking through real-life and imaginary activities
- Through first-hand experiences, play motivates, stimulates and supports children in their development of skills, concepts, language acquisition, communication skills, and concentration.
- During play, children use all of their senses
- Play encourages children to convey their thoughts and emotions, explore their environment, and connect what they already know with new knowledge, skills and attitudes.
- Play is the earliest form of storytelling.
- Your child will learn how to negotiate with peers, problem-solve, and improvise through play.
- It is in play that basic social skills—like sharing and taking turns—are learned and practiced.
- Play supports positive attitudes toward learning and stimulates imagination, curiosity, enthusiasm, and persistence.
What else will your child do in our classrooms daily?
- Your child will learn STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Mathematics) concepts.
- Fun learning themes are carefully crafted weekly to introduce new skills, improve upon already learned skills, and… PLAY!
- Your child will practice writing his or her name daily and focus on a new letter and number each week.
- Reading to your child daily is a priority.
- Your child will have regular visits to the library (located within the community center).
- Music classes
- Christmas performance in December
- Spring Sing in May
- 3 physical areas to play BIG! – An indoor gym/auditorium, two playgrounds, and the pavilion near the green space near the baseball fields in the back of the community center
- Your FAMILY will ALSO get to use the gym/auditorium for these family events:
- Preschool Orientation
- Thanksgiving Feast
- Two Music Performances – Christmas and Spring
- Family Nights/Special Guest Visits
- Prekindergarten Graduation